BUG #1983: Installation fails when Windows user principal is member of local Administrators group

From: "Jochen Sauter" <jochen(dot)sauter(at)rsd(dot)rohde-schwarz(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1983: Installation fails when Windows user principal is member of local Administrators group
Date: 2005-10-21 12:37:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1983
Logged by:          Jochen Sauter
Email address:      jochen(dot)sauter(at)rsd(dot)rohde-schwarz(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
Operating system:   Windows 2000 / XP
of local Administrators group
Details:

Our company-internal PC installation has a Windows user principal
"Interactive" as member of the local Administrators group per default. On
such PCs, the installation of Postgres 8.0 fails with a security warning.

What is the reason for this warning?
Is it possible to allow the installation anyway even with the warning?
Is there any way to suppress the warning during installation?

This is an urgent problem that we currently have which might prevent us from
using Posgres in our software products in the future.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-10-21 13:39:41