Re: Speakers wanted for Quebec PHP Conference

From: Robert Bernier <robertb(at)sraapowergres(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Speakers wanted for Quebec PHP Conference
Date: 2005-10-20 16:15:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-announce

Hi Marc,

On Thursday 20 October 2005 11:56, you wrote:
> > A special message to Dave Cramer and Marc Fournier: come on you guys I
> > know you two can attend if you want to.
>
> I suffer from SAD (Severe Anxiety Disorder) ... were I to stand in front
> of a group of ppl and try and give a talk, I *literally* fall apart :(
> I'd *love* to do it, I'm just physically a mess when I'm in front of a
> group like that ... and ya, there are drugs I can take, but the side
> effects are worse then the problem in the first place ... tried it once.

I'm lucky, I don't mind making a fool of myself in front of people, just ask Bruce Momjian.

> If we were doing a booth, I'd be there for that mind you, since I love to
> talk *with* ppl, just not good at talking *at* them :(

A booth? You know, I hadn't thought of that. Is this the right venue? Do we have the resources?

--
Robert Bernier
PostgreSQL Business Intelligence Analyst

Tel:  212.244.8833 ext:22

www.sraapowergres.com  robertb(at)sraapowergres(dot)com
www.sraamerica.com