someone please reply

From: "krishnaa sridharan" <kichi(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: someone please reply
Date: 2005-10-20 02:00:25
Lists: pgsql-ports

 Hi all,
I have been trying to install Postgre on my windows xp machine. The first time i created an account postgres on my machine and ran the installer, but the service dint initialize telling me that i dont have the rights to run the service. The next time I deleted this account which i created and let the installer create the accouunt, and this time installation went on well. But when i tried to run the service I get a error saying that the port is not available. I chaged the settings postgresql.conf file too. When i tried to run the service from the administrative tools on windows, I got a error code 1068:  dependencies could not initiate. iam also running apache server which i downloaded from ms4w. Its been a week since i am having ths problem and been mailing all the groups but none replied. Hoping that someone could help this beginner.
Thanks in advance.
Krishnaa

pgsql-ports by date