BUG #1978: connection sinks

From: "mouse" <mousedrx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1978: connection sinks
Date: 2005-10-20 01:46:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1978
Logged by:          mouse
Email address:      mousedrx(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
Operating system:   Gentoo Linux 2.6.11-r9

I have: (2) user X which can create databases and (2) database Y created by
X. Y contains some tables, sequences, etc -- data CAN be accessed via psql.
Also: have googled a lot for a proper configuration, thus postgresql.conf
has listen_addresses listening everything ('*') and in pg_hba.conf there is
an entry for my intranet IP address: (for any eventuality).
Problem: when using Quantum GIS ( to connect postgis
database Y, it reports that connection is successful. But, data are not
Guide: Same thing (user X, db Y, same data) are on the online
postgres database running) -- in this case I CAN see layers (tables) in the
qGIS app and load them. Remote configuration is the same adding some
additinal hosts in pg_hba...
Question: what could that be?

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: IvanDate: 2005-10-20 07:41:11