Re: Using pg_config

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using pg_config
Date: 2005-10-12 08:16:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Dave Page wrote:
> It's not a problem on Windows as we build using VC++ with win32.mak.
> We don't support Mingw builds as we don't currently have any
> configure code to allow the use of the Microsoft DM instead of iODBC
> or unixODBC.

I think this could be made to work if there is interest.  It seems that
the current driver manager detection code might be pretty useless
anyway.  Note that we don't even link with libodbcinst.  All we need
are the header files <sql.h> etc., which are the same everywhere.

> Can you apply the patch, or shall I?

I just did.

--
Peter Eisentraut