Re: Feedback from LinuxWorld, London

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org,Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Feedback from LinuxWorld, London
Date: 2005-10-10 20:42:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, David Fetter wrote:

> In this case, it might be easier to make a writeable VIEW with two
> tables underneath and an appropriate call to ARRAY() and maybe to
> array_to_string()

Is there any work being done on UPDATEABLE VIEWs?  I found, at one point,
a 'work around' for it, but just wondering if there is any work being done
on a more 'native' method ...

>> That was actually the context of the enum discussion.  I threw enum
>> out as an example and everyone latched onto it, missing the overall
>> point of trying to improve migration from MySQL.
>
> I didn't :)

I did, only as an example ... the question, on my part, being how many
things could we 'mask', not so much focusing on enum itself :)

----