Re: Query Question

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: "M(dot) Imran" <imran(at)sdpi(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query Question
Date: 2005-10-10 13:37:30
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 03:20:47PM +0500, M. Imran wrote:
> I want to select distinct CODE and thier respective sex, sex can
> be  male/female, can I get my result strictly distinct in code.
> Currently it duplicate code value for each male and female. I am
> using this query
>
> select distinct(code), id  from table

It's not clear what you're trying to do.  Could you post a sample
table and data set (CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements) and an
example of the results you'd like to see?

BTW, this seems off-topic for pgsql-admin, which is supposed to be
for discussions of PostgreSQL administration.  A more appropriate
list might be pgsql-general, pgsql-novice, or pgsql-sql.

--
Michael Fuhr