Re: backup software for postgresql

From: "Uwe C(dot) Schroeder" <uwe(at)oss4u(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Robert Ngo" <robertngo(at)perridot(dot)com>
Subject: Re: backup software for postgresql
Date: 2005-10-02 23:04:22
Lists: pgsql-admin
I'm going the easy route with that one.
I do a full dump every night - which goes to tape (using any type of tape
backup software) and is mirrored to another machine using rdist. For
continuous backup I use Slony to replicate the master database to two
off-site backup servers. That way there are 3 live copies and one daily copy
at any given time - although I never needed a backup (knock on wood).

UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC	2570 Fleetwood Drive
Phone:  +1 650 872 2425		San Bruno, CA 94066