Re: pg_total_relation_size() could not open relation with OID X

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_total_relation_size() could not open relation with OID X
Date: 2005-09-29 22:02:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> The code is obviously confused between Oid and relfilenode.  The
> calculate_total_relation_size() function gets a relfilenode parameter
> and then tries to call relation_open() with it.  This is wrong.

This is the patch I'm about to apply.  Besides fixing this particular
problem, I made the code include the size of the index of the TOAST
table in pg_total_relation_size().

--
Alvaro Herrera                         Architect, http://www.EnterpriseDB.com
"En las profundidades de nuestro inconsciente hay una obsesiva necesidad