Re: Making pgxs builds work with a relocated installation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Making pgxs builds work with a relocated installation
Date: 2005-09-27 13:46:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Am Dienstag, 27. September 2005 02:12 schrieb Tom Lane:
> What I propose we do about this is change the path setup section
> of to look like (for each path variable)
> ifdef PGXS
> pkglibdir = $(shell pg_config --pkglibdir)
> else
> # existing code to set up pkglibdir
> endif

That looks right.

> Not all of the path variables set up in are currently
> available from pg_config; the missing ones are
> prefix
> exec_prefix
> sbindir
> mandir
> localedir
> libexecdir
> datadir
> sysconfdir
> pkgincludedir
> docdir
> The first three of these don't seem to be directly referenced anywhere
> in the Makefiles, so I propose just removing them from

I see

prefix := /usr/local/pgsql
exec_prefix := ${prefix}

bindir := ${exec_prefix}/bin
sbindir := ${exec_prefix}/sbin

in the default configuration, so we need to keep the first two at least.  We
don't need to expose them through pgxs, though.

> The other ones will need to be added to pg_config's repertoire, unless
> someone can make a pretty good case that no pgxs-using module would ever
> need to install into that directory.

pgxs only needs to expose the currently exposed variables plus sysconfdir, as
previously discussed.  Unless someone can make a case that they need to
access the other directories.

Peter Eisentraut