Re: Acceptance Tests

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Lee, Patricia S(dot)" <Patricia(dot)Lee(at)unisys(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Acceptance Tests
Date: 2005-09-23 17:39:43
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 01:27:27PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Lee, Patricia S. wrote:
> >
> > Are there any acceptance tests available regarding PostgreSQL? Is there
> > anything in industry or otherwise? Can someone direct me to these?
>
> Uh, not sure what that is. We do have regression tests that are in the
> CVS tree.

Wasn't there a test by NIST or some such organization for SQL-92? AFAIR
Tom Lane worked on some very strange aggregation issues in order to pass
some more of those tests. This was a couple of years ago.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"