pgAdmin/pgAgent problems

From: Francis Tiangco <fptiangco(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin/pgAgent problems
Date: 2005-09-20 10:49:59
Lists: pgsql-admin
Platform: Windows XP/Cygwin
PostgreSQL version: 7.4
PgAdmin version: 1.3.0 (Sep 15 2005)

Problems/Suggestions:
1. pgAdmin hangs when I view the details of a newly created job (without creating a step or a schedule yet)

2. When I do create a job, a step and a schedule at the same time, I get:
ERROR: syntax error at or near "IF"
CONTEXT: compile of PL/pgSQL function "pga_next_schedule" near line 161
PL/pgSQL function "pga_job_trigger" line 4 at select into variables
PL/pgSQL function "pga_schedule_trigger" line 10 at SQL statement

3. When running the pgagent.sql script, the pga_job_trigger needs to be edited by deleting a $BODY$ and replace with a single quote. Maybe this can be corrected?

4.To be able to view the jobs node, the Maintence DB should be set to the database where you ran pgAgent.sql (This is thanks to Dave Page). Maybe we could include this in the help file.

Any help would be appreciated.  Many thanks for your time.

Best Regards,
Francis Tiangco

pgsql-admin by date