Re: UPDATE with database name alias

From: Vadim Nasardinov <vadimn(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UPDATE with database name alias
Date: 2005-09-20 12:57:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On Monday 19 September 2005 18:46, Kris Jurka wrote:
> > JDeveloper use alias to UPDATE, an dthen, what can I do?
> >

> Your only option would be to ajdust the postgresql backend grammar
> to allow an alias.

In practical terms, you're right.

In theory, this may also be addressed by using a wrapper JDBC driver
like P6Spy (but not as buggy) that would sit between the application
and the real PostgreSQL JDBC driver.  The wrapper driver would have
the opportunity to rewrite UPDATE statements in a spec-compliant
manner before passing them on to the real driver.

 http://sourceforge.net/projects/p6spy/
 http://www.google.com/search?q=antlr+SQL+grammar
 http://www.google.com/search?q=JavaCC+SQL+grammar