Re: Low performance on Windows problem

From: Dalibor Sramek <dali(at)insula(dot)cz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Low performance on Windows problem
Date: 2005-09-13 19:21:20
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 11:32:02AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> So it's a networking issue. I haven't paid real close attention to
> updates. Check through the list archives ...

This one
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2005-06/msg00593.php

seems to be very similar to my problem. Somebody suggested that setting
TCP_NODELAY option to the TCP connection may help. Before I dive into the
source: could some win-pg guru tell me if the Windows server tries to set
this option? Is it possible to change it via configuration? Is there a way
to find out if the TCP_NODELAY option was actually used for a connection?

Anyway thank you all. I believe I am getting closer to a solution.

Dalibor Sramek

--
Dalibor Sramek http://www.insula.cz/dali \ In the eyes of cats
/ dalibor(dot)sramek(at)insula(dot)cz \ all things