Re: Trouble Installing postgresql 8.0.3

From: William Makowski <meriadoc(at)cox(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble Installing postgresql 8.0.3
Date: 2005-09-13 03:14:02
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
> From: JUAN ERNESTO FLORES BELTRAN
>
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to install posgre in my PC (Win2000), but it has
> been not posible to succeed in the attempt. The installation initiates
> as expected, then the system request for "Installation Options", i
> select all because of i desire to configure the system as a server.
>
> Finally the wizzard request for the following: Service Name, Account
> Name, Acount Domain, Account Password and Verify Password. Service
> Name and Account Domain are default values selected by the system, so
> i just configure the rest. Once i enter the requested information the
> system delivers a message like this:
>
> Account error:
> "Invalid User Name specified: Error de inicio de sesión: nombre de
> usuario desconocido o contraseña incorrecta"
>
> I have tried different passwords and user names several times but it
> still does not work. What should i do?.
>
> Thanks for your answers in advance.

It sounds like you are using the installer method to
install PostgreSQL.  Based on the FAQ you need to set
up a service type account and provide the user name
and password during installation.  I would suggest
creating an account called postgres with a password
you know and provide that at startup.  Then use that
account to run initdb, pg_ctl, createdb, and psql.

Once you know you can access the database with that
user you should be able to set things up for your
regular user id.

Bill

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: haibin zhangDate: 2005-09-16 02:43:04