BUG #1873: "Invalid username specified" during install

From: "Lee Benson" <lee(dot)benson(at)issinc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1873: "Invalid username specified" during install
Date: 2005-09-10 04:52:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1873
Logged by:          Lee Benson
Email address:      lee(dot)benson(at)issinc(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
Operating system:   Windows XP Pressional
Details:

I am trying to reinstall Postgres 8.0.3 after developing a problem using
psql (command line) where I was getting the "password authentication
failure" message.  When I tried to reinstall, I got the "Invalid username
specified: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password" error.  If I
change the default user from "postgres" to something else, the installer
will move on and finish, but I still can't use psql at the command line.
What am I missing?

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Mark DienerDate: 2005-09-10 08:33:15