BUG #1860: Insert failed due to unique index

From: "Viswanath Ramineni" <v_ramineni(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1860: Insert failed due to unique index
Date: 2005-09-02 14:13:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1860
Logged by:          Viswanath Ramineni
Email address:      v_ramineni(at)hotmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1 Beta
Operating system:   Windows 2000 Professional
Details:

I have a table with a primary key on id (integer) column and a unique index
on varchar(10) column. Insertion fails when the value of the unique column
is substring of an existing value. For example, if I have a row with the
unique column value 'TEST1', it will not allow me insert another row with
'TEST' as the value for this column.

pgsql-bugs by date