Re: optimum settings for dedicated box

From: Matthew Peter <survivedsushi(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: optimum settings for dedicated box
Date: 2005-08-31 07:50:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hmmm. I was thinking of a more comprehensive solution
or document resource. I would like to know what does
what. Why tweak that or why not to ya know?

Searching gets me such fragmented results I chose to
ask the ones whom are more familiar with this fabulous
piece of software and used it in real world
situations.

Does anyone know of a some good docs on the subject of
dedicated db optimization for postgresql 8.0.3?

Is 8.1 to early to use in a production environment?
With just the regular old 8.0.3 stuff?

Thanks for the tips too. I always appreciate tips. :)

Thanks again,
Matthew A. Peter