Can a pg_dump file be loaded into a different OS?

From: "Anye M(dot) Sellers" <anyeone(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can a pg_dump file be loaded into a different OS?
Date: 2005-08-30 16:12:06
Lists: pgsql-ports

I've got a client that has Postgres running on Linux
but my own development environment is on Windows. Is
it feasible for me to have him do a pg_dump through
the pgAdmin tool and then for me to restore that file,
or are the files formatted differently in both OS's?

If this doesn't work, can someone please recommend a
good way to migrate this data?

Thanks,
Anye