Re: announcing beta on pg homepage

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: announcing beta on pg homepage
Date: 2005-08-24 20:44:20
Lists: pgsql-www
On Wednesday 24 August 2005 12:15, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Robert, Bruce,
> >
> > > Presumably the "whats new in 8.0" link will be replaced with a link to
> > > "Participate in the Beta Program" which would probably point to
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta.  On that page we can put up
> > > in big flashing letters "Please report all bugs/problems to the
> > > pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql mailing list"
> >
> > Um, shouldn't they report to pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, or use the
> > webform? We don't exactly want a bunch of "I can't connect to the
> > database" appearing on -hackers.
>
> Yes, they can use bugs, but they should also be subscribed to hackers so
> they can get information about changes.

Ok, I've done a quick mock up at http://xzilla.postgresql.org/, which links to
a revised http://xzilla.postgresql.org/developer/beta.

If people are ok with the general scheme, I'll go about updating the links as
needed and encorporating any word changes by those who know better what kind
of action we should be suggesting

--
Robert Treat