Re: broken link on techdocs

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org>,jgardner(at)jonathangardner(dot)net
Subject: Re: broken link on techdocs
Date: 2005-08-23 23:47:10
Lists: pgsql-docs
Just FYI this is off topic in this group.  Emails regarding techdocs should be
directed to pgsql-www or webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 16:20, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I tried to access
> <http://techdocs.postgresql.org/redir.php?link=http://jonathangardner.net/P
>ostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html>
>
> and it says that the connection was refused. However, that's a useful
> document and I'm not sure it has a replacement. Is this a temporary host
> server problem, or is that a broken link?

Apparently it was a temporary hosting issue, as it seems to be working now.

> Maybe for outside links we should periodically run one of those web
> crawler things that checks for broken links. It seems unprofessional
> when we have broken links anywhere on the site. Also, it can alert us to
> resources that may need to be hosted somewhere more reliably.

Well, I'm happy to host it on techdocs if he wants to move it there.

--
Robert Treat