From: "Paul Bramble" <paul(at)vidiom(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help
Date: 2005-08-22 19:52:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I am working on a product that uses a database for some elementary permanent
storage.  Currently we are using Firebird.

I have been asked to evaluate the product against Postgres, but I have
limited time to do so.

Is there an easy way to get started so I can quickly install Postgress and
load my schema?

Loaded message here - One of the reasons that I choose Firebird was that it
was very, very, very easy to use.  I am not having the same experience with
Postgres.  Any pointers as to how to get it set up enough to load imy schema
would not only be appreciated, but would be a point in Postgres's favor.

Paul Bramble,

Vidiom Inc.

  • Re: Help at 2005-08-23 13:48:58 from Stephan Szabo

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Frank PapaDate: 2005-08-23 00:52:45