Beginner - Help for pgsql 8.0.3 win32 platform

From: Nugroho Laison <nugon19(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Beginner - Help for pgsql 8.0.3 win32 platform
Date: 2005-08-19 22:01:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear All,

My Name is Nugon, I am just a beginner in pgsql, now I
am using pgsql 8.0.3 win32 platform. There are several
problem or issue for me, any help/answer/advice very
helpfull for me :
= how to get raise notice messages at client database
API such as ODBC, ADO, DAO, RDO or client programming
such as PHP, JSP, C/C++, Java?
= how to get number of affected rows by last sql
statement/operation (using GET DIAGNOSTICS statement)?
= how to use PERFORM statement?
= how to use EXECUTE statement?
= is it true that must state/write
<EXCEPTION_CONDITION_NAME> (e.g. division_by_zero ,
error_in_assignment, etc) where we using EXCEPTION?
can we use custom logical error condition (e.g.
(my_Var = 0), (rec_count > 0), (gender = 'M'),
(sqlstate <> 0 --> error system variable), etc)
= is there any virtual object that we can access to
examine new inserted or old deleted record in trigger
for statement (such as old and new in trigger for
row)?
= can we create disconnected cursor?
(e.g.

declare