Re: IRIX thread-safety problems

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: gleykam(at)web(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IRIX thread-safety problems
Date: 2005-08-19 13:28:13
Lists: pgsql-ports

gleykam(at)web(dot)de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> trying to compile a thread-safe version of PostgreSQL 8.0.3 on IRIX
> 6.5 with standard C compiler cc there were errors running configure.
>
> Viewing the config.log file, the test program is tried to be linked
> with "-lpthreads". There is no such library on my system.

Strange. config.log tests all possible flags and uses only those that
actually compile safely. Can you send me that file offlist.

> Using the configure option LIBS="-lpthread" everything is OK and the
> binaries are created.
>
> In the end 3 of 96 regression tests failed (float4, float8, geometry),
> but in my optionion these have nothing to do with threads?

Irix doesn't get tons of testing. Try without threads and see if you
still get those, and email us the diffs from regression.diff.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us