Intsall 8.03 on Redhat ES 3

From: "rbradley" <rbradley(at)fusiion(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Intsall 8.03 on Redhat ES 3
Date: 2005-08-14 22:12:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is there someone out there that can explain to us mortals how to get
Postgresql 8.0.3 server successfully installed on Red Hat ES 3? I finally got
7.3.10 to install but no matter what other version I try I get a list of
dependencies, I try to install different rpm to meet the dependencies and they
have dependencies - I have a UNIX background but have been in the window
environment for the last 10 years. There just has to be a better way to
install programs on Linux.