postgresql and java data types mismatch.....

From: Andres Ledesma <aledes(at)euskalnet(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql and java data types mismatch.....
Date: 2005-08-11 13:23:42
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I have got and issue about data types, perhaps I'm missing some info I should
know, or there is anything wrong in the code, but I would like that if
someone knows why this happens, ust explain it to me.

According to documentation, java.sql.Types.BOOLEAN is the equivalence of SQL
BOOLEAN, but a function returning a boolean, returns something matched to
Types.BIT in java. It happens in the following code.

java code:
....... vars declarations, etc...
boolean is_client = false;

//procedure call
cs = conn.prepareCall("{ ? = call get_is_client( ? ) }");

cs.registerOutParameter(1, Types.BOOLEAN);
cs.setInt(2, client_id);
cs.execute();

is_client = cs.getBoolean(1);

plpgsql function :

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION get_is_client() RETURNS boolean AS '
BEGIN
RETURN is_true;
END;
' LANGUAGE plpgsql;

When run the java code, I receive the following message :

A CallableStatement Function was executed and the return was of type
(java.sql.Types=-7) however type=java.sql.Types=16 was registered.

Types = -7 correspond to Types.BIT
Types = 16 correspond to Types.BOOLEAN

That's all. Thanks in advance.

Best regards.