Re: Thoughs after discussions at OSCON

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: Thoughs after discussions at OSCON
Date: 2005-08-09 15:47:42
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Andrew,

> 1.  The first item I think bears mention is the number of occasions I
> had people ask me whether the project is losing steam, or "losing
> out" to MySQL, or being no threat to Oracle.

Re: MySQL, you may have talked to different people than me. However, my
experience was that the people who were agitated about "competition" with
MySQL were PostgreSQL community members, not third parties. That is, there
was *vastly* more talk of MySQL at the PostgreSQL BOF than I heard in the
hallways. Probably Bruce and I just should have cut it off sooner ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions