BUG #1793: ODBC crashs without C:\

From: "H(dot) Schumacher" <schumacher(at)abc-system(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1793: ODBC crashs without C:\
Date: 2005-07-28 08:41:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1793
Logged by: H. Schumacher
Email address: schumacher(at)abc-system(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: psqlodbc
Operating system: Windows
Details:

I have installed the following packages

psqlodbc-07_03_0200
psqlodbc-08_00_0101

against a Postgres 7.3 server and I could define a ODBC source, but than I
got only " Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 998
(PostgreSQL)" using it. Also I was not able to remove the ODBC source. After
several tests I found the following reason:

This Windows machine did not have a C:\ drive, because the original ME was
removed and WIN2000 was installed on D:\. But the ODBC needs a C:\ drive. I
mapped a network drive on C:\ and everything works fine.

I hope this helps to avoid others to do the same "research"

Best regards

Harald Schumacher