Re: auditorship in PostgreSQL

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Humberto Carvalho <carvalho(dot)humberto(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: auditorship in PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-07-22 23:26:46
Lists: pgsql-novice
[Please copy the mailing list on replies so others can contribute to
and learn from the discussion.]

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 03:01:12PM +0100, Humberto Carvalho wrote:
> i have a db (without any kind of data) and when i receive a command i
> need to stablish connection with the db that have the data.
> I tried triggers, but didn't because there are no triggers for selects.
> Itried rules, but if the db are empty, when i make a select (...)
> where (...) the rule don't work because the db is empty so there are
> no field to fire the rule.

Isn't this the same thing you've brought up in the "How to catch a
command" thread?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2005-07/msg00133.php

If so then please keep the discussion in that thread so it's easier
to follow.  The last message in that thread is currently from Mike
Fahrenkrog, who asks that you tell a little more about the rationale
for what you're doing.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/