Re: auditorship in PostgreSQL

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Humberto Carvalho <carvalho(dot)humberto(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: auditorship in PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-07-22 23:26:46
Lists: pgsql-novice
[Please copy the mailing list on replies so others can contribute to
and learn from the discussion.]

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 03:01:12PM +0100, Humberto Carvalho wrote:
> i have a db (without any kind of data) and when i receive a command i
> need to stablish connection with the db that have the data.
> I tried triggers, but didn't because there are no triggers for selects.
> Itried rules, but if the db are empty, when i make a select (...)
> where (...) the rule don't work because the db is empty so there are
> no field to fire the rule.

Isn't this the same thing you've brought up in the "How to catch a
command" thread?

If so then please keep the discussion in that thread so it's easier
to follow.  The last message in that thread is currently from Mike
Fahrenkrog, who asks that you tell a little more about the rationale
for what you're doing.

Michael Fuhr