Re: Multiple Inserts

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiple Inserts
Date: 2005-07-22 21:22:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-insert.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/functions-srf.html

> Example:
>
> INSERT INTO foo (serialnum) SELECT * FROM
> generate_series(1, 100);
>
> Although older versions of PostgreSQL don't have
> generate_series(),
> it's trivial to write with PL/pgSQL or other
> languages.  Read up
> on set-returning functions or search the archives
> for examples.
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr
> http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

thanks. this is really nice!  we should be moving our
production db onsite so i will be able to have pgsql
8.0 installed.

i will probably have to rethink my webhost if i ever
decide to put anything serious on the net.  tom is
right, they (2wdh.com or cpanel, it doesn't really
matter) aren't taking pgsql users seriously - and you
just showed me one way they are hurting me (not to
mention security holes in older versions)!