password authentication failed for user ...

From: Joe Siebenmann <joes131(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: password authentication failed for user ...
Date: 2005-07-22 15:36:38
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a total newby question..

I just installed 8.0 on a Windows XP system.
I copied down the Account Name and Superuser name and password.

It looks like the install went okay, and the Service runs fine.

The problem is no matter what I try and run from the command line
I always get a message like this:

psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "Joe Siebenmann"

I tried to read the Tutorial but I end-up going in circles and it
doesn't help..

What should I do so I can get to the point where I can create
a database?

Thanks for your help! :-)

Joe Siebenmann

Yahoo! Mail

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: John DeSoiDate: 2005-07-22 15:56:19