Re: Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8

From: "Jason Long" <jason(at)supernovasoftware(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8
Date: 2005-07-20 16:36:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
I used http://www.realvnc.com/ as per someone else's suggestion on this
list.  This worked perfectly.

Thank you for your time,

Jason Long
CEO and Chief Software Engineer
BS Physics, MS Chemical Engineering
http://www.supernovasoftware.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-hackers-win32-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-hackers-win32-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Obe, Regina
DND\MIS
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:08 AM
To: 'frank church'; pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8

This may not be your problem, but thought I'd mention it since I had the
problem installing on a remote windows server.

If you are trying to install via Terminal services,  there is a documented
issue that it can't do an init in regular mode.   You have to connect to the
terminal services in console mode

mstsc /console

The below link has other known documented issues with installing on Windows.
Probably good to go thru the list if you haven't already.

http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/faq/FAQ_windows.html#3.1