Re: Libpq driver: thread problem

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org,Anoop Kumar <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Libpq driver: thread problem
Date: 2005-07-14 16:02:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

I don't think that is correct  --- you do need that flag for libpq to be
thread safe.  If the thread flag doesn't work on Win32, we need to fix
it.  I know we applies some patches during 8.0 beta so it _should_ work,
and if it doesn't we need to add it to the TODO list or fix it.

The main issue with the flag, as I remember, is to allow multiple
threads to open libpq connections.  If you don't do that, you don't need
the flag.