Client-Server Example

From: "John Tulodziecki" <johnt(at)squire-technologies(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Client-Server Example
Date: 2005-07-13 16:05:57
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi there

I am trying to run a simple client application on one linux box (running
redhat 9) whilst the server (i.e postmaster) is running on another box.

I have successfully run the client program locally on the server machine.

I am getting connection refused when I try a remote connection

I have been through all the required settings in the conf files and I cannot
see the error.

Can anyone please give me a simple example of a client program (please
include required conf file settings)

which is communicating with a server program (please include required conf
file settings) on another machine.

Am I right in saying that the postmaster process must only be running on the
server machine ?

I have checked that the postmaster account is running on the server machine
and is not running on the client

Machine.

Thank you.

John Tulodziecki

Senior Software Engineer
Squire Technologies Ltd

Phone  +44(0)1305 757315
Web    www.squire-technologies.com <http://www.squire-technologies.com/>
Email  johnt(at)squire-technologies(dot)co(dot)uk

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER:

except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Squire
Technologies Ltd. If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system without copying or
disseminating it or placing any reliance upon its contents.

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Michael SchmidtDate: 2005-07-13 16:09:57