Install PGSQL 8.03 on WinXP (not service)

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Install PGSQL 8.03 on WinXP (not service)
Date: 2005-07-11 19:22:41
Lists: pgsql-novice
i installed pgsql 8.03 (not as a service).  the
install procedure went fine, as far as i know, but i
honestly don't know what to do next.  i tried to open
some databases (start->pgsql->checked ona couple
options, can't recall names right now), had a command
line window (i think) flash before me and then...
nothing.  all i saw was my windows background.

should i uninstall (hopefully this is simple) and
reinstall as a service?  i have pgsql running on
cygwin, however, i'd like to get another computer up
and running with 8.03.

tia...

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail