Re: C set return function differences on 8.0?

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Tim Jackson <tim(dot)jackson(at)ints(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: C set return function differences on 8.0?
Date: 2005-07-08 15:23:39
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 05:58:28PM -0700, Tim Jackson wrote:

> I re-compiled the .so using 8.0 server development source and rebuilt
> the views on 8.0 and now only some views will pull up data. These are
> views using the same data that worked under 7.4 and now just abort.

What do you mean by "abort" -- does the backend crash?  If so, and
if you get a core dump, then it might be useful to see a stack trace.

Could you post a simple, self-contained test case that works in 7.4
and fails in 8.0?  That is, all SQL, C code, and data that somebody
could use to reproduce the problem from an empty database.  Please
do distill the example so it's as simple as possible -- that way
the analysis won't be distracted by irrelevant factors.

Exactly which versions of 7.4 and 8.0 are you running, and on what
platform?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/