Re: pgsql: Update for roles: < * Prevent default re-use of sysids for

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <momjian(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Update for roles: < * Prevent default re-use of sysids for
Date: 2005-07-01 17:40:12
Lists: pgsql-committers

* Bruce Momjian (pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us) wrote:
> The problem is this used in pg_dumpall --clean:
>
> DELETE FROM pg_shadow WHERE usesysid <> (SELECT datdba FROM pg_database WHERE datname = 'template0');

Oh, wow. Hrmm. That certainly won't work now. It seems to me that the
correct thing to do here would be to loop through the roles and delete
them one-by-one, with cascade? I think that would clean things out
correctly. Alternatively I suppose you could delete from pg_authid and
pg_auth_members.. That seems a little ugly to me.

Thanks,

Stephen