Extending PostgreSQL on Windows

From: Kostadin Zhelev <kostadin_m(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Extending PostgreSQL on Windows
Date: 2005-06-30 14:47:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi I intalled postgreSQL 8.0.3 from win installer.
I am trying to create my own c functions to exetend the functionallity of postgres. I had some trouble so I tryed add_one function as it is shown in the documentation. When I use the old convention I am able to run the function fine when I use the new convention with the macros after i call the function I get the following error:
 before or while processing the request.

After playing with it a little I came if a conclusion that the arguments or the fcinfo struct is not properly initialized since the code breaks only when I try to access the arguments either through the macros or directly. My IDE is VS.NET 2003
The code that brakes is the following:

PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(add_one);

Datum

add_one(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)

{

int32 arg = PG_GETARG_INT32(0);

PG_RETURN_INT32(arg);

}

But the following works:

Datum

add_one(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)

{

FunctionCallInfo fcc;

fcc = (struct FunctionCallInfoData *)malloc(sizeof(struct FunctionCallInfoData));

fcc->nargs = 4;

return (int32)fcc->nargs;

}

Any help will be appreciated.