Re: Sstored Procedures

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Sean <scene(at)themountainscene(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sstored Procedures
Date: 2005-06-29 13:03:42
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 02:20:35PM -0600, Sean wrote:
> Are there any good resources on stored procedures?  I'm not very
> familiar with them, so if with regards to php is important, then
> resources with regards to php it is then.  Thanks.

See "Server Programming" in the documentation.  The chapter on
PL/pgSQL will probably be the most useful:

(The above links are to the 8.0 documentation; use the documentation
for whatever version of PostgreSQL you're running.)

See also examples at sites like General Bits:

You could also use a search engine to search for phrases like "CREATE
FUNCTION" and "plpgsql".  If you have specific questions about how
to do something, then ask on the PostgreSQL mailing lists.

Michael Fuhr