Users/Groups -> Roles

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Users/Groups -> Roles
Date: 2005-06-27 06:29:49
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
Greetings,

  Attached please find files and patches associated with moving from the
  User/Group system currently in place to Roles, as discussed
  previously.  The files are:

  pg_authid.h
    New system table, contains role information
    To be placed in src/include/catalog, replacing pg_shadow.h

  pg_auth_members.h
    New system table, contains role/membership information
    To be placed in src/include/catalog, replacing pg_group.h

  role_2005062701.ctx.patch.bz2
    Main patch, generated via cvs -z3 diff -c | bzip2
    (gzip didn't quite get it under the 100K mark for the list)

  role_milestones
    List of milestones associated with my work on Roles support
    '*' indicates that the milestone has been met/completed
    '?' indicates uncertainty about if something should be done
    No marker indicates an item which needs to be done
    Note: Documentation needs to be updated

  Again, my apologies for not getting this in sooner, it's been a little
  hectic around here of late.  I'm anxious to get feedback, comments,
  corrections, etc.

  	Thanks,

		Stephen