Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)surnet(dot)cl>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Denis Lussier <denis(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2
Date: 2005-06-26 22:06:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 04:44:13PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Is the intention here to make PSM a first class language (i.e. handled
> by the main dbengine scanner/parser) of just another PL? If the latter
> it seems far less worth doing. Doing this as a first class language,
> however, would be great, just great.

I've seen some example code on the EnterpriseDB website using their SPL
language, and it doesn't seem to be handled like "just another PL". The
function body does not look at all like quoted strings, as in our
regular PLs. I don't know how they did it, but I don't think they added
support for the whole language to the main parser.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"I can't go to a restaurant and order food because I keep looking at the