real time replication of pgsql database

From: hellz waren <hellz_waren(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: real time replication of pgsql database
Date: 2005-06-25 06:51:06
Lists: pgsql-admin
we are designing a heavy duty database in pgsql that
expects to grow at an average of 100 MB spread over
tables of 250 tables.

We require always on database (24 X 7) database. And
if one fails, the other one needs to start up.

Could you someone tell me if there's any open source
project that enables real time replication of data
back up.
I can use heartbeat, mon etc then to awake the other
server if the main server is down.

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends 'n family snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Jeff FrostDate: 2005-06-25 15:17:48