Postgres 8 vs Postgres 7.4/cygwin

From: Scott Goldstein <sgoldstein(at)apache(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres 8 vs Postgres 7.4/cygwin
Date: 2005-06-24 04:32:54
Lists: pgsql-performance
I'm currently trying to make a decision on whether to use the Cygwin port of Postgres 7.4 or Postgres 8.0 for a windows installation.  Can someone provide some comparison info from a performance point of view?  I was thinking that the Cygwin port has the overhead of the translation layer, but 8.0 is a newer product and may still have performance issue.  Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

pgsql-performance by date