R: R: How to move a DB from one server to another...

From: "Federico Simonetti (Etheye)" <flame(at)etheye(dot)com>
To: "'Harald Armin Massa'" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: R: R: How to move a DB from one server to another...
Date: 2005-06-23 11:53:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Hello Harald,

uhm, you may have lost my first message... I said that I am unable to run
pg_restore on a different computer other than the one pg_dump was used on. I
always get a return code of 1 (error). I can easily and quickly dump a
database with pg_dump but I can't restore it on a PC different from the one
used to back it up. And I really can't understand why, I have tried all
possible options...

I'm running PostgreSQL 8.0.3 on Win32. I've found some solutions for Linux
but nobody was able to help me regarding the Windows platform.

Thanks,

Federico

  _____