Re: PGDN and Bricolage.

From: Kenneth Marshall <ktm(at)it(dot)is(dot)rice(dot)edu>
To: Gevik babakhani <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGDN and Bricolage.
Date: 2005-06-22 19:48:31
Lists: pgsql-www

Gevik,

Please do not misunderstand me. I have reviewed various systems for
my work at Rice University, not with regards to the PostgreSQL website
re-do. In my review, I ranked systems higher with regards to two main
criteria:

1. The ability to support very high traffic web sites and provide
a simple way to setup mirror sites.
2. The ability to provide a level of abstraction that would allow
non-web/HTML savvy individuals to produce quality content.
3. The ability to update to new styles and layout easily using
existing content.

These goals allow the content generation to be separated from the
display/design process and make all our content writers more productive
as a result. I do think that these goals make sense for the postgresql.org
site as well.

Ken