Re: Performance Tuning Article

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Frank Wiles <frank(at)wiles(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance Tuning Article
Date: 2005-06-22 17:16:03
Lists: pgsql-performance
Frank,

>   I've put together a short article and posted it online regarding
>   performance tuning PostgreSQL in general.  I believe it helps to bring
>   together the info in a easy to digest manner. I would appreciate any
>   feedback, comments, and especially any technical corrections.

Looks nice. You should mark the link to the perf tips at Varlena.com as
"PostgreSQL 7.4" and augment it with the current version here:
www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList
as well as the Annotated .Conf File:
www.powerpostgresql.com/Docs

For my part, I've generally seen that SATA disks still suck for read-write
applications.   I generally rate 1 UltraSCSI = 2 SATA disks for anything but
a 99% read application.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions