Re: varying pagesize in postgresql

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)surnet(dot)cl>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: gayatri ganpaa <gayatri_ganpaa(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: varying pagesize in postgresql
Date: 2005-06-21 17:22:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

[reformatted for sanity]

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 11:58:44AM -0500, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> pg_dumpall
> Change something in one of the header files (which is docummented
> somewhere...)

BLCKSZ, in src/include/pg_config_manual.h. I doubt it would make the
index faster anyway ... I think you could post the query, schema, and
EXPLAIN ANALYZE to pgsql-performance so that people can give you further
advice. Going forward, rtree is somewhat obsolete -- maybe try setting
up a GiST index instead (not sure if it would be faster than rtree.)

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"God is real, unless declared as int"