Re: Remote Access

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Marcos <mjs_ops(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remote Access
Date: 2005-06-18 14:14:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 11:15:33 -0000,
Marcos <mjs_ops(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have one server postgresql in my home computer, and now I have the
> necessity of access it of my work, the question is. How I liberate the
> access remote of postgresql with password?

You want to edit postgresql.conf and set listen_addresses to *.
And you need to add a host or hostssl entry to pg_hba.conf allowing
a connection from your office machine.

You will probably also want to use iptables or the equivalent to restrict
connection attempts to your IP address at work.

You probably want to read parts of chapter 16 and all of chapter 19 of
the 8.0 documentation.