Re: Trigger and Trigger function, Part 3 - success!

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Cc: Matt Iskra <Matt(dot)Iskra(at)doj(dot)ca(dot)gov>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trigger and Trigger function, Part 3 - success!
Date: 2005-06-17 19:34:06
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 03:05:23PM -0400, John DeSoi wrote:
> On Jun 17, 2005, at 1:32 PM, Matt Iskra wrote:
>
> >Thanks Mr. Fuhr, I used the psql and it worked. The pgAdmin tool must
> >have been having trouble with my schema qualified SQL code. The
> >trigger and trigger function work properly now.
>
> I don't think there is any problem with schema qualified code in
> pgAdmin3. At least, I tried your function on the Mac version and did
> not have any problems.

Agreed that that would be strange, especially since creating a
schema-qualified table apparently succeeded.  Matt, if you retype
the code in pgAdmin III, does it work?  As John mentions, you might
have had a special character in there someplace.  We're narrowing
down on the problem but let's not draw conclusions prematurely.

Also, please don't keep changing the subject header -- that can
mess up views of message threads.  Threads are usually easier to
follow if all the messages have the same subject.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/