Re: users/users groups management from MS Access front-end

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Zlatko Matic <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: users/users groups management from MS Access front-end
Date: 2005-06-15 17:06:35
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

--- Zlatko Matic <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr> wrote:

> Well, I want to use POstgreSQL user acounts, but
> would like to create new
> users and put them in predefined groups through
> Access interface, instead of
> doing it through pgAdmin, for example.

That would just be a matter of creating a user
interface (i.e. a form) to handle the user input, and
issuing appropriate SQL commands. Maybe the best way,
to preserve security, would be to handle the user
setup via a server function, with appropriate rights
granted to application administrators, who otherwise
are not database superusers. That would reduce the
opportunity for your backend setup to be compromised
by a user.

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/